Saturday, June 4, 2011

Prepare.. All I can do!

A little less than 3 months before I depart for Taiwan. This is when it starts feeling more real! Haha. I have been so busy with school, family, and work that I havn't stopped to really think about this HUGE decision I am making. Though every time I do, they are thoughts of excitement. Especially now that school has ended; so much to look forward too!
I have not learned what district in Taiwan I will be staying in, meaning I am unaware of any of the host families I will be living with. I have huge hopes for living in Taipei, Taiwan's capital; a city populated with about 2 million people. But any district in Taiwan will be amazing, for it is all so different from America, and that is exactly the kind of experience I want; something really diverse. There are so many different cultures in the world that I am so unaware of; making Taiwan a great ice-breaker for becoming more educated on cultures and customs different from my own.
I hope you enjoy my updates throughout my trip. I'm ecstatic, having never traveled outside the U.S. before! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimberly! I found your blog through Shannon. I am a German living in Santa Rosa, and way back in 1983 (yes, I am OLD) I lived in Taipei for six months where I went to university. How exciting that you are going to Taiwan in a few months. It has changed very much since I lived there, and I am sure that you will have a good time. The only advice that I would like to give you (if I may) is to read as much as possible about what I call "Chinese behavior" - it will really help! I will follow your blog, because I'd love to know how you're doing in Taiwan. Be prepared to sweat a lot - the humidity is CRAZY!!

    ReplyDelete